Writing Guidelines for reports
- Chalmers Writing Guide. A 26 page document that is quite detailed. Chalmers Guidelines for BSc reports (In Swedish)
- Chalmers Writing Guide for Thesis Writing Student Portal (In English)
- Academic Writing in English at Lund University. A list of resources subdivided into the following headings: Genres and text types, The writing process, Grammar and words, Sources and referencing, Academic integrity, LU templates, LU materials, LU glossary. AWELU
- Guide in giving feedback to your or other project groups. The guide is in Swedish and is called "Hur Man Ger Återkoppling - Metoder och attityder". (sv)
Report writing in engineering and science
- Diana Hacker: A Writer's Reference
Exercises and guides on many topics in acadamic writing. Has some ESL resources.
- LabWrite for Students
This is a very useful online guide for structuring your lab report writing and your activities during laboraratory work.
- Engineering Communication Program (Toronto University) Online handbook
- Writing Guidelines for Engineering and Science (Virginia Tech)
- Technical Communication (Mike Markel Bedford St Martins)
- Colorado state university
Under writing and writing guides you'll find engineering specific guidelines.
- Using English for Academic purposes
Guides and self tests on academic writing. Has a specific focus on academic writing.
- Whitesides' Group: Wrting a paper (pdf)
Some ideas on how to write a research paper. Includes some general tips relating to writing style.
- The Economist style guide
A comprehensive style guide similar to the one used by journalists at The Economist. Aimed at journalists but much can still be used in other genres of writing.