(There are also tutorials below, under ‘Introductions to Agda’.)
- How to input Unicode characters in Emacs:
- Emacs mode key combinations
- Editing Agda code using Vim
- How to see Unicode characters
- Literate Agda (or how to include Agda code in LaTeX documents)
- How to generate web pages from source code
- How to send a patch to the Agda developers
- How to use automatic proof search (C-c C-a)
- How to cope with performance issues
- Ulf Norell. Towards a practical programming language based on dependent type theory. PhD thesis, Chalmers University of Technology, 2007.
- Bengt Nordström, Kent Petterson, Jan Smith. Programming in Martin-Löf’s type theory. Oxford University Press, 1990.
- Bengt Nordström, Kent Petterson, Jan Smith. Martin-Löf’s Type Theory. Handbook of Logic in Computer Science, OUP, 2000.
Introductions to Agda:
- Ulf Norell and James Chapman. Dependently Typed Programming in Agda. This is aimed at functional programmers.
- Ana Bove and Peter Dybjer. Dependent Types at Work. A gentle introduction including logic and proofs of programs.
- Ana Bove, Peter Dybjer, and Ulf Norell. A Brief Overview of Agda - A Functional Language with Dependent Types (in TPHOLs 2009) with an example of reflection. Code
- Yoshiki Kinoshita. On the Agda Language (in Japanese) Slides (English) Slides (Japanese)
- Anton Setzer. Lecture notes on Interactive Theorem Proving. Swansea University. These lecture notes are based on Agda and contain an introduction of Agda for students with a very basic background in logic and functional programming.
- Daniel Peebles. Introduction to Agda. Video of talk from the January 2011 Boston Haskell session at MIT.
- Conor McBride, Introduction to Dependently Typed Programming using Agda (videos of lectures). Associated source files, with exercises.
- Andreas Abel, Agda lecture notes. Lecture notes used in teaching functional programming: basic introduction to Agda, Curry-Howard, equality, and verification of optimizations like fusion.
- Jan Malakhovski, Brutal [Meta]Introduction to Dependent Types in Agda
- Thorsten Altenkirch, Computer Aided Formal Reasoning - online lecture notes
General introductions to programming with dependent types:
- Nicolas Oury and Wouter Swierstra. The Power Of Pi (ICFP 2008).
- Conor McBride. Epigram: Practical Programming with Dependent Types (also available from Conor’s web page). Lecture notes for the AFP Summer School 2004.
Courses using Agda
This is a list of courses which use Agda. Please add your own!
- Computer Aided Reasoning Material for a 3rd / 4th year course (g53cfr, g54 cfr) at the university of Nottingham 2010 by Thorsten Altenkirch
- Type Theory in Rosario Material for an Agda course in Rosario, Argentina in 2011 by Thorsten Altenkirch
- Software System Design and Implementation, undergrad(?) course at the University of New South Wales by Manuel Chakravarty.
- Seminar on Dependently Typed Programming, course at Utrecht University by Andres Löh.
- Tüübiteooria / Type Theory, graduate course at the University of Tartu by Varmo Vene and James Chapman.
- Advanced Topics in Programming Languages: Dependent Type Systems, course at the University of Pennsylvania by Stephanie Weirich.
- Categorical Logic, course at the University of Cambridge by Samuel Staton. (More info and feedback).
- Dependently typed functional languages, master level course at EAFIT University by Andrés Sicard-Ramírez.
- Introduction to Dependently Typed Programming using Agda, research level course at the University of Edinburgh by Conor McBride.
- Agda, introductory course for master students at ELTE Eötvös Collegium in Budapest by Péter Diviánszky and Ambrus Kaposi.
- Types for Programs and Proofs, course at Chalmers University of Technology.
- Advanced Functional Programming (in German), course at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich.
- Dependently typed metaprogramming (in Agda), Summer (2013) course at the University of Cambridge by Conor McBride.
- Computer-Checked Programs and Proofs (COMP 360–1), Dan Licata, Wesleyan, Fall 2013.
- Advanced Functional Programming (CS410), Conor McBride, Strathclyde, Fall 2013.
Agda has a wikipedia page.