Hacking preparations (as of 2022-11-07):
- Have a working GHC 9.x with cabal (and possibly stack). All of these can be installed with ghcup.
- Clone the Agda repository and the submodules
git clone --recurse-submodules email@example.com:agda/agda.git cd agda
- If you want to use stack, choose a GHC version x.y.z and copy/rename the file stack-x.y.z.yaml to stack.yaml. This changes the behaviour of the make commands below (except for the last one) to use stack. GHC 9.4.3 does not yet seem to be supported by stack.
- Run all of the following commands to (v1-cabal) build and install Agda with various optimization levels:
make install-bin make fast-install-bin make quicker-install-bin make type-checkThese four goals install the following executables in the installdir as given in $HOME/.cabal/config, assuming master is on Agda version 2.6.4. Also, if you build for the first time, these are expected durations on a not-too-old laptop:
- 30min: agda-2.6.4
- 7min: agda-fast
- 5min: agda-quicker
- 1min: (type-check does not build an executable)
- Optionally, build tags files for e.g. emacs
cd somewhere_else_outside_of_a_cabal_project cabal install hs-tags -w ghc-x.y.z ## ghc-x.y.z should be an installed GHC < 9.2 ## Or, you could use stack to install hs-tags stack install hs-tags ## Assuming hs-tags is installed: cd agda make TAGS
- Install fix-whitespace
cd somewhere_else_outside_of_a_cabal_project cabal install fix-whitespace ## OR stack install fix-whitespace ## cd agda fix-whitespace --check
- Run the testsuite to see if everything is set up correctly.
Further useful information at: https://github.com/agda/agda/blob/master/HACKING.md
Edit | History | Recent Changes (all) | Search
Page last modified on November 09, 2022, at 10:21 PM
Powered by PmWiki