Recent Changes - Search:

CSE dept.


This site contains wiki-pages for the department of computer science and engineering at Chalmers and GU.


edit SideBar

ST /

BaseFundingProposal

All documents are collected here:

and the summary below is from

Differences between the current model and the proposed

  • 75% base financing of salaries for permanently employed faculty members.
  • The departmentís funds for base financing of salaries are based on the number of permanently employed faculty members at 50% and the remaining 25% on the collective performance of the department.
  • New performance parameters for FoFu-funds and changed weight for existing parameters. Publication/citation (50%) and the number of postdocs (post-doctoralappointment) (12.5%) are new parameters, the number of graduating PhD students are included at 12.5% and external funding at 25%.
  • Changes in which categories of positions generating FoFu-funds for the department, from all PhDs in teaching positions to identified faculty positions. Assistant Professors are no longer included in the base, and are treated as a future resource as above.
  • Approx. 30% of the available funding for undergraduate education is allocated to the department based on the number of permanently employed faculty members. The remaining approx. 70% is distributed based on offered courses using a similar model as today.
  • Mandatory annual follow-up of how the faculty funding has been used as well as strategic planning of future research and education directions.
  • Control is no longer primarily done through resources, but through a clear mission and annual follow-ups at performance reviews.
Edit - History - Print - Recent Changes - Search
Page last modified on August 19, 2014, at 08:42 AM