All documents are collected here:
and the summary below is from
Differences between the current model and the proposed
- 75% base financing of salaries for permanently employed faculty members.
- The departmentís funds for base financing of salaries are based on the number of permanently employed faculty members at 50% and the remaining 25% on the collective performance of the department.
- New performance parameters for FoFu-funds and changed weight for existing parameters. Publication/citation (50%) and the number of postdocs (post-doctoralappointment) (12.5%) are new parameters, the number of graduating PhD students are included at 12.5% and external funding at 25%.
- Changes in which categories of positions generating FoFu-funds for the department, from all PhDs in teaching positions to identified faculty positions. Assistant Professors are no longer included in the base, and are treated as a future resource as above.
- Approx. 30% of the available funding for undergraduate education is allocated to the department based on the number of permanently employed faculty members. The remaining approx. 70% is distributed based on offered courses using a similar model as today.
- Mandatory annual follow-up of how the faculty funding has been used as well as strategic planning of future research and education directions.
- Control is no longer primarily done through resources, but through a clear mission and annual follow-ups at performance reviews.