CE biweekly gathering
Sep 5, 2008
- Student administration to expand (Åsa Lundgren will support MPC)
- Eva Axelsson (S2, RR) will join as Dept. Secretary
- Catharina Jerkbrandt will leave for GU, but will still work for D&IT one day a week
- Note: div. head must know also about temporary visitors etc!
- New MSc students arrived; +10% overall
- 75(!) students for Introduction to Electronic Systems Design (43 new IESD students)
- Thesis projects: expect a sizable increase this year compared to last year! (4–6 per faculty member)
- Anonymous exams:
- Name written on flap; ID checked; flap glued shut
- Exam marked
- Flap opened for LADOK registration
- See also link on dept. wiki under “Education” (top left on this page)
Research and proposals
- Very good review for microelectronics (SSF + VR + Vinnova)! Yay!
- (Some) support for all dept. Linné proposals
- Application for Marie-Curie funding submitted (Stenström)
- Martin Thuresson defends on Sep 19
- Staffan and Morten will travel to Singapore
- Jesper Vasell (Teknikbrostiftelsen) will visit to help find commercial opportunites for research
- Reiner coordinates EU Integrated Project (€5.3M)
- Diversity days: Oct. 23–24 (see Lena P)
- Markides visits dept. on Sep 30, 13–15
- Professors may be “needed” for chat (information will be forthcoming…)
- VP2 (planning) w/ Markides on Nov 6 (TBC)
- Thefts from dept. lunch room :-(
- Martin T. defends thesis on Sep 19
- On Oct 3, Lars S will be in Linköping
- SO, next meeting on Sep 26
Research seminar series?
- Discussion on whether a seminar series would be started, and if so at what time slot. Please contribute to discussion.