CE biweekly meeting
June 1, 2009
- Lars Bengtsson is now a Docent. Congratulations!
- Rolf Snedsböl receives the IT student pedagogical price (again)!
- Interviews for SE faculty positions this week
- Post-doc recruitment ongoing; Per S to interview two candidates this week
- Applications for all EE, CSE, IT programmes are up
- 40% to 100% for the different programmes
- Admissions at master level have been reduced by about 35 slots for the programmes within the dept.
- Proposal to reduce admissions at bachelor level by about 10%
- Better students (hopefully)
- Less funding for teaching (ramps down over ~3 years)
Research and proposals
- Strategic initiative proposal feedback arrived on May 28
- ICT: OUtstanding (5/5)
- LU + LiU + BTH + HH, KTH + SU also Outstanding
- E-Science @ CHalmers: Excellent (4/5)
- Transportation: Excellent (4/5)
- Production: Excellent (4/5)
- E-Science @ GU: unclear to me
- Semiannual meeting with Univ. President on May 26
- Extremely brief summary of feedback:
- Fix up the SE situation!
- Increase international exchange!
- Improve gender balance, esp. among PhD students!
- New salaries are ready; will be communicated individually
- Strategical partnership with Ericsson seems to be in the works
- Unclear how we could benefit
- Per S has gotten cold calls from Ericsson researchers lately!?
- Dept. summer party on June 9
- Respond to Doodle poll if not done already!
- Division web pages should be brushed up!
- Suggested timeslot for seminar series with NS: Fridays at 10 or 13
- Not every week -- maybe once a month?