No CE biweekly meeting
Oct 5, 2009
No meeting on Oct 5 as I'm on travel. Here is an info summary of what I might have talked about.
- NS faculty position: three strong candidates; back to hiring committee next week
- ID position will be withdrawn (best candidates were a bad fit topically)
- No news either way for third SE position
- Many students seek to get credit for external courses with iffy examination forms (web etc). Beware!
- Thesis project process description to be delivered to ILG 6 weeks from now
- New Chalmers-wide policy for side employment for PhD students being developed
- Likely quite restrictive
- New research schools for the Styrkeområden (complementing the existing ones)
- At least for the externally-funded styrkeområden
- Followup project for HATS will be funded
- Followup project to TIMMO will be submitted (good prospects; Vinnova)
- Followup project for SIGYN will be funded
- E-Science discussions with GU continuing
- Equipment for visualisation (~ SEK 1M) will be purchased
- Chalmers Foundation will not fund a followup to IMPACT
- Maybe Chalmers could take over?
- Continuing discussions with Ericsson about long-term funding
- New Director at Vinnova will visit Chalmers; will be fed info about our Software Center ideas
- Christmas party at Liseberg on Dec 12