CE biweekly meeting
Oct 4, 2010
- Per S has been elected a member of the Academia Europaea
- Dag Wedelin gets Chalmers Pedagogical Price
- PhD position in Sally's group: 83 applications
- Georgi Gaydadiev: visit went very well
- Ioannis Sourdis: ongoing
- Office 6103 evacuated: Bhavi goes to 4120, Jacob to 4116, an Chen to 4453 (short-term)
- Peter L withdraws as responsible for D programme
- Other candidates needed
- Probably not individual coordinators for each MSc programme
- Likely an assistant programme leader instead
- Chalmers Foundation might help with MSc student stipends until long-term fund is set up
- Still no decisions on EDIT education changes!
Research and proposals
- John's and Koen's QuickCheck paper deemed most influential logic-programming paper from 10 years ago!
- Jan Grahn proposes "initiativseminarium" for ICT
- New "Research School" for Areas of Advance
- Course package gives extra diploma / certificate
- Leadership, utilization, sustainable development, etc
- Robert Feldt joins the Forskarutbildning committee; Fang Chen leaves
- When going to airport, please pay yourself and submit expense claim
- Use invoice system for guests
- Göteborg University reorganization. CSE goes where?
- Math / theoretical philosophy (some CS voices)
- Business school (Software Engineering)
- Natural sciences (everyone else?)
- Likely not critical for CE in any case as we have no GU employees
- Identifying one-year goals to present to President Markides
- Where do our PhDs end up? Expect report.
- Work environment priorities: ergonomy, stress
- Get an ergonomist in to discuss your office environment! It's free!
- Negotiations with industry about Software Centre have reached $ stage
- Chalmers will go for Environmental Certification
- GU already has one, and since we are part of GU as well...
- If you are like me, you use the same IT setups until they stop working. If so, I suggest you might try to swap from Nomad to Eduroam. It works also at other universities in Sweden, and you don't have to log in explicitly!