CE "biweekly" meeting
May 30, 2011
- Alejandro Russo applies for status as "Oavlönad docent"
- 25 applications for 3 junior positions in Software Engineering
- Surprisingly many Irish and female applicants
- Wrapping up applications for NS, CS junior positions
- Jan J applies for Biträdande Professor
- No immediate replacement for Ann-Margret Alsin
- Teacher meeting for D programme on June 1 (info here)
- Draft Chalmers guidelines for thesis reports are under review
- Review due early June
- Draft seems to emphasize science over engineering
- CSE guidelines to be developed ASAP
Research and Proposals
- No Google scholarship this year
- VELOX was successfully wrapped up
- DeSyRe and FASTER have converged on statements of work
- Software Intensive Systems likely done in a couple of weeks
- Teaching organization (separate from divisions) to be evaluated in the fall
- Guidelines/process/programmes to be developed for receiving newcomers
- New guidelines for cost limits when entertaining guests
- Performance evaluations (medarbetarsamtal) will be delayed into the fall
CSE office space
- Inventory indicates we'll be OK this fall
- 171 seats at Johanneberg, 133 Chalmers employees, 25 GU employees, plus some seats at Lindholmen . . .
- . . . but a reshuffle may be called for.
- Idéläran may be an option in the medium term
- Lunch room remodeling to commence in June
- All emplyees will be called to two-hour workshops in the fall
- "Chalmers organizational culture"
- Bibliometric analysis to control (small) part of funding from GU
- We can propose bibliometric measure!
- Summer party on June 9!
- Prof. Em. Jan Torin turns 75 on June 11.