CE "biweekly" meeting
Sep 16, 2011
- Applications for FP PhD positions look good
- 15 serious ones
- DeSyRe students selected, will start on Oct 1
- Alirad Malek, Stavros Tzilis
- Dave W to teach new compilers course in SP2
- AI course will be taught following the Stanford open initiative
Research and Proposals
- Software Center contacts are about to be signed
- PhD student followup meetings to be booked with Jan J or Koen L-C
- Human Entrance to be used for extra services when recruiting
- Talk to Div head and personnel officer
- Alumni regathering in place of summer party?
- Web needs to be updated!
- 5% of one student
- Estimates based on 2nd 3rd of year have arrived
- CE much better than initial estimates, but still in the red
- Have not analyzed figures yet
- Aim to present figures and analyses a VP meeting
- Mid October; will Doodle
- New purchasing routines w/ designated purchasing personnel on the way in
- New support system on the way (to mimic GU?)
- Perils of “offentlig upphandling”: MUST MUST MUST MUST go through travel agency when flying!
- Via Travel is currently the only travel agent we can use!
- Train trips can be bought via SJ
- Chalmers pension administration to go via SPV henceforth
- New award for excellent research-oriented MSc theses
- Talk to Elad
- New videoconference client for Mac available
- ICT Initiative Seminar, Sep 20-21: “Future world-class information and communication engineers”