CE "biweekly" meeting
May 4, 2012
- Two items for recruting committee next week:
- Permanent position for Georgi Gaydadjiev
- Affiliate position for David Whalley
- MSc application period approaching end
- Luch marketing meetings for each programe
- Application deadline on May 15
Research and proposals
- Small contribution from AoA Energy seems imminent
- "Seed money" to help develop ides for other projects
- HiPEAC computing week successfully concluded
- HiPEAC reviewed with best possible outcome! Congrats!
- Jan Jonsson unanimously proposed as head of CSE from July
- President Markides appoints
- CSE strategy: earmarked funds?
- Apparently no roadblocks for female-only invitational chair, as for the Jubileum chair
- Plans to build infrastructures for vehicular teaching and research (Johan K, Elad, Jan J)
- What metrics should we use for our activities?
- Some proposed in Chalmers Long-term Plan (PVU)
- Agreed not to be very good
- Faculty senate, CSE kollegium, etc involved
- All CSE work environment indicators seem to have improved since 2006
- Stress, gender issues, etc
- CSE initiative for "coworkership" appreciated by University
- May inspire others
CSE VP with Rector
- Generally happy faces all around
- Huge gains from all significant funding agencies over last 5 years
- Exception: Vinnova
- SE division + Software Center have been built into stron constellations
- Check if Barbro Osher funds can be used more!
- Wallenberg Academy Fellows!
- Think about broader application areas!