CE "biweekly" meeting
May 25, 2012
- SE loses Carl-Magnus O and Helena O to Malmö Högskola
- Issue of PhD student per-diem on long trips
- Guest PhD students must be followed up from July onwards
- Tor Aulin is not allowed on premises
- Call guards if he shows up
- Evaluation of teaching organisation debated in CSE kollegium
- No strong consent for decentralizing, i.e., moving responsibility to divisions
- No change decided yet
Research and proposals
- Innovation system proposal funding may become available
- Per S, Georgi to follow up
- CSE PhD School reviewed
- Generally favorable review
- Lack of PhD courses (a regular complaint)
- Jan J will meet Rector on June 4
- Will propose Koen C. as VPref FoU
- CSE T1 result seems to track budget
- Office space:
- Plans for new construction (join EDIT and M buildings)
- May need to squeeze a bit until then
- Co-locate admin personnel to save some space?
- Arne L, Lennart H will move to Lindholmen
- Proposal to close down Tech Support division
- Distribute personnel across other divisions
- Discussions continue
- Handledarforum will be closed down after 2012
- Something new will supposedly replace it
- New recommended compensation levels for faculty opponents
- 10K for PhD defense, 4K for Lic presentation
- Chalmers has recruited a full-time risk management officer
- Available to help with risk management for projects!
- Alumni party on June 5. Sign up!
- CSE will turn 10 as a joint department. Celebration?
- Changed routines: from now on, everybody must report their own vacation in Primula!
- Note: admin support will be sparser during weeks 29–31