Below is a status report for Patrik Jansson's activities during the time period: 2009-03-01 to 2011-03-01.
Papers published or under review:
Submitted to JFP 2010-12-23:
- Bernardy, Jean-Philippe; Jansson, Patrik; Paterson, Ross: Proofs for Free -- Parametricity for dependent types. 2010
Submitted to JFP 2011-01-16:
- Rodriguez Yakushev; Jeuring; Jansson; Gerdes; Kiselyov; Oliveira: Comparing Datatype-Generic Libraries in Haskell
Submitted to SCP 2011-02-28:
- Daniel Lincke, Patrik Jansson, Marcin Zalewski, and Cezar Ionescu: Monadic Dynamical Systems in C++ with Concepts and in Haskell. 2011
- Bernardy, Jean-Philippe; Jansson, Patrik; Zalewski, Marcin; Schupp, Sibylle: Generic programming with C++ concepts and Haskell type classes—a comparison. Journal of Functional Programming, 20 (3-4) pp. 271-302.
- Bernardy, Jean-Philippe; Jansson, Patrik; Claessen, Koen: Testing Polymorphic Properties. ESOP 2010: 19th European Symposium on Programming, 6012/2010 pp. 125-144. ISBN/ISSN: 978-3-642-11956-9
- Bernardy, Jean-Philippe; Jansson, Patrik; Paterson, Ross: Parametricity and dependent types. International Conference on Functional Programming, September 27-29, 2010, Baltimore, Maryland
- Jansson, Patrik: IMPACT: Quality Assurance. IMPACT - Strategic Development of Chalmers Master's Programmes, Helena Danielsson (ed.), 978-91-633-6202-6 , pp. 59-62.
- Jansson, Patrik: Learning from IMPACT. IMPACT - Strategic Development of Chalmers Master's Programmes, Helena Danielsson (ed.), 978-91-633-6202-6 , s. 59-62, pp. 23-24. 2009
- WGP'09 Proceedings of the 2009 ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Generic Programming. Patrik Jansson, Sibylle Schupp [editor(s)]. New York, NY, USA : ACM. ISBN/ISSN: 978-1-60558-510-9
- Lincke, Daniel; Jansson, Patrik; Zalewski, Marcin; Ionescu, Cezar: Generic libraries in C++ with concepts from high-level domain descriptions in Haskell: A domain-specific library for computational vulnerability assessment. Domain-Specific Languages - IFIP TC 2 Working Conference, DSL 2009, 5658/2009 pp. 236-261. ISBN/ISSN: 978-3-642-03033-8
- Mu, Shin-Cheng; Ko, Hsiang-Shang; Jansson, Patrik: Algebra of programming in Agda: dependent types for relational program derivation. Journal of Functional Programming, 19 (05) pp. 545-579.
- Niklasson, Claes; Jansson, Patrik: Pedagogical development of Master's Programmes for the Bologna Structure at Chalmers - IMPACT. European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI) 37th Annual Conference,
- Niklasson, Claes; Lundgren, Per; Jansson, Patrik: Utvärdering av Chalmers nya Mastersprogram - Studentsynpunkter. Den 2:a Utvecklingskonferensen för Sveriges ingenjörsutbildningar, 2-3 Dec Lund, 2009, pp. 49-52.
Program committees, etc:
- PC Chair (with S. Schupp) of Workshop on Generic Programming 2009
- Elected member of IFIP WG 2.1
external research grants received:
- FunC: "Putting Functional Programming to Work - Software Design and Verification using Domain Specific Languages" (a multi-project grant during 2010-2013 funded by the Swedish Research Council VR) Applicants: John Hughes (main applicant), Mary Sheeran, Koen Claessen, Patrik Jansson
- GSDP: "Global Systems Dynamics and Policy" - a Coordination Action (CA) in the ICT-2009.8.0 FET Open call "Challenging Current Thinking". Coordinator: Carlo Jaeger (European Climate Forum) http://www.gsdp.eu/. Patrik Jansson (Chalmers) leads the Work Package on "Domain Specific Languages for Modelling Global Systems".
Jansson also applied for around 7 other grants.
Main supervisor for:
- Jean-Philippe Bernardy (PhD scheduled for 2011-06-07)
- Cláudio Amaral (started 2010)
- Jonas Duregård (started 2010)
- Nick Smallbone (lic 2011)
- Ramona Enache (started 2010)
lic/PhD defenses of students during period:
- Jean-Philippe Bernardy: lic 2009 on "Software Engineering using Typed Functional Programming"
courses taught, incl course evaluation results (briefly summarized):
- CTFP: Category Theory and Functional Programming 2010. PhD course with around 8 participants, no separate course evaluation (small group).
- MSc theses 2009-2010: D Dogan, K Bunyik + K Karch (2*15hp), J Rochel, M Ågren, J Wang + Sh Sh Yeoh, M Asif + two who never finished (E B, H L)
- AFP: Advanced Functional Programming 2010. MSc-level course with 42 participants. Course evaluation: course representatives were satisfied with the course (it was "difficult, but very fulfilling").
- AFP: Advanced Functional Programming 2011. MSc-level course with 30 participants. Ongoing.
significant course developments:
- IMPACT: My work within the IMPACT project was entirely aimed at programme and course development.
- AFP: new course plan with proper learning outcomes, new course book
leadership and collegial tasks, at the department and within Chalmers
- IMPACT project: deputy project leader 2009 (and part of 2010). Resulted in a few publications in ped. conferences and a book.
- PA D: Head of the 5-year CSE programme from 2011-01-01.
committees, working groups,...:
- Member of the Faculty Senate at Chalmers
- Elected member of IFIP WG 2.1
- EDIT-I area: part of the PA-group
interaction with society at large
technology transfer within research projects:
- GSDP-project aims at applying CS results to global challenges like the climate impacts and the finacial system
- FP and DSL technology transfer to Ericsson (guest lecture in AFP course, DSL-meetings)
courses, lectures, debates, popular science,...: