One of the PhD council seminars.
Practical Online Security
February 4, EDIT lunch room (Johanneberg) at 18.00
Dinner doodle, as in "sign up, get free dinner".
CSE PhD students (not everyone has a security background).
- Password managers, such as KeePass, Gnome KeyRing, ...
- Key management for SSH (Thomas?)
Email encryption and signing
- GnuPG, S/MIME, ... (Thomas)
- Tor (Guilhem)
- Test your browser fingerprint: https://panopticlick.eff.org/
- Opt out of targeted online advertising: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
- Man in the middle attack (Raśl)
- Tutorial - How to perform a man-in-the-middle-attack (over https and partially HSTS)
- sslstrip2 (The original repo is here, but now there are more sophisticated tools to perform the attack and it points to them.)
- Cross-site scripting (Daniel H.)
- Two-factor authentification with FIDO key (Jochen)
- QubesOS (Daniel S.)
You are welcome to suggest more topics, in advance or there at the seminar. Talks should be around 10-15 minutes.