(One of the Course Clusters.)
- Alg. = Algorithms courses
- Alg. Chair Peter Da, Devdatt, Christos, Chien-Chung, Erland
- Alg.: Advanced Algorithms (@CS)
- Alg.: Algorithms (@CS)
- Alg.: Artificial Intelligence (@CS)
- Alg.: Discrete Optimization (@CS)
- Alg.: Machine Learning (@CS)
Algorithms teaching team - meeting 2014-04-07
Peter Damaschke (PD), Devdatt Dubhashi (DD), Erland Holmström (EH), Chien-Chung Huang (CH), Christos Dimitrakakis (CD), Peter Ljunglöf (PL)
We found it pointless to nominate one per course, as it is unpredictable who would be really available in an emergency situation. Instead we specified who could possibly step in:
- Algor: EH, PD, DD, CH
- Algor. Advanced: PD, DD, CH
- DisOpt: PD, DD, CD
- Artif. Intell: CD, PL
- Machine Learning: PD, DD, CH, CD
Other teachers outside the team could also be added (have to ask them).
- The idea of scheduled "special courses" is supported, although it does not solve all problems of our rigid course system.
- Network flows appears in basic and advanced Algorithms. Repetition is not bad, but we should precisely separate the teaching goals within this topic. (Will be worked out.)
- Keep AI a broad introduction leaning towards classical AI.
- DisOpt can reach a wider audience and be better connected to Machine Learning. Consider a new textbook.
- Currently LP3 has too many courses.
- DisOpt may be moved from LP3 to LP1, but we need to check the implications.