(One of the Course Clusters.)
- DStr = Datastructures (and BSc algorithms)
- DStr Chair: NAD@CS, Co-chair: ErHo@CS, NiSm, UnHo, AnAb@CS, ...
- DStr: Datastrukturer (DV) (@ST)
- DStr: Datastrukturer (D) (@CS)
- DStr: Algoritmer och datastrukturer (d, I) (@ST)
- DStr: Logic, algorithms and datastructures (@CS)
- DStr: Datastructures and algorithms (IT) (@CS)
Cluster meeting 2014-04-11
Present: Nils Anders, Erland, Andreas, Nick.
- Propose substitute teacher for each course
We don't quite know/remember what it means to be a substitute teacher. The following persons are potential candidates for taking over one of this cluster's courses on short notice:
- The cluster members, as well as Peter Dybjer.
- Curriculum planning and revision: The teaching team is jointly responsible for the course cluster as a whole. It is in particular responsible for
- the internal coherence of the cluster (avoiding too much overlap and unintended gaps) One could eventually merge the DV and D courses.
- the interface with other course clusters This seems to be the wrong forum for this question.
- Is this cluster "the right grouping"? Yes.
- Prerequisites and placement of courses into study periods. Placement: Wrong forum. Prerequisites: Wrong forum? It would be nice if one could count on the students actually mastering the prerequisites.
- Name of courses in the cluster The names "Algoritmer och datastrukturer" and "Datastructures and algorithms" could be confusing to students (and others): How do these courses relate to courses named simply "Algoritmer" or "Datastrukturer"? Perhaps these two courses should be named "Datastrukturer"/"Data structures".