"Reuniune de iarnă" 2015 = ST winter meeting 2015
The winter meeting will be held at Säröhus on the 3th-4th February 2015. The programme includes talks and social activities. We recommend taking bathing suits as Säröhus has spa facilities. There are no outdoor activities planned, but the area is very nice for walks, so bringing weatherproof shoes/clothes might be a good idea.
Getting there and coming back:
The bus will leave from next to the Copper Dome (Kopparbunken) (Google Maps) at 9:00 on 3 February. Please be there at 8:55 the latest. Säröhus lies about 25 km south of Gothenburg, on the coast. If you plan to get there on your own, please notify the organisers.
We plan to arrive back at Chalmers around 17:10 on 4 February.
Day 1 = Tuesday
- 9:00 Leaving from Chalmers with chartered bus
- 9:40 Arrival at Säröhus + welcome coffee
- 10:20-12:30 Session 1 (Session chair: WoAh)
- 10:20-10:30 Welcome!
- 10:30-11:00 Aarne Ranta: "GF Offline Translator: 2 Million Lines of Code"
- 11:00-12:30 FM talks:
- Raúl Pardo Jiménez: "Preserving privacy in Social Networks"
- Evgeny Kotelnikov: "First-Class Boolean Sort in First-Order Theorem Proving and TPTP"
- Magnus Myreen: "Turning Proof Assistant into Programming Assistants"
- 12:30-14:30 Lunch
- 14:30-15:30 Session 2 (Session chair: AnPe)
- 14:30-15:00 Atze van der Ploeg: “Forget the past, change the future!”
- 15:00-15:30 Nikita Frolov: “Decomposing schedules of recursive programs”
- 15:30-15:45 Coffee
- 15:45-17:00 Session 3 (Session chair: RaEn)
- 15:45-16:15 Patrik Jansson: “High School Haskell - an experience report”
- 16:15-17:00 Niklas Broberg: “Should I Stay or Should I Go? - Rethinking Introductory Programming”
- 17:00-19:30 Activity
- 20:00 Dinner
Day 2 = Wednesday
- 9:00-10:00 Session 4 (Session chair: CeIo)
- 9:00-9:30 Björn von Sydow: “Chebyshev revisited"
- 9:30-10:00 Dave Sands: “Just How Big are Dave’s Feet? - An introduction to Differential Privacy"
- 10:00-10:30 Coffee
- 10:30-12:30 Session 5 (Session chair: DaSa)
- 10:30-11:20 Hamid Ebadi, Luciano Bello, Bart van Delft, Daniel Schoepe: "The security mess that was 2014" (40 min)
- 11:20-11:50 Johan Nordlander: “Functional, imperative – same thing, pretty much!”
- 11:50-12:20 Markus Aronsson: "Signal processing for various reasons"
- 12:30-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-16:00 ST 2015-02 division meeting
- 16:00 Goodbye coffee
- 16:30 Leaving from Säröhus
- 17:10? Arriving back to Chalmers
Organising team: Ramona Enache, Michał Pałka, Cezar Ionescu, Jonna Amgard, Patrik Jansson.
Previous meeting: ST Winter Meeting 2014
As a special session at the Winter Meeting 2015, we will have presentations of "Timeless Papers". It's your chance to present your favourite classical paper from Computer Science and show that even though the field evolves so fast, there are papers which are as relevant today as they were when published. Presentations of "timeless papers" should include some information about the main contribution of the paper and also some brief pointers to the influence that the paper over the years. For these reasons we would like to have papers which are older than 10-15 years and preferably not written by the person presenting them :-) Depending on how many of you volunteer to present their favourite paper, we can decide how much time we could allocate for each presentation.